I know that you like customized beauty products, the ones made at home with your own hands. You keep asking me to provide you with my favorite recipes for home cosmetics, soap and facial masks. And you know what? Your wish is my command 🙂
Today we’re entering the world of fragrances! Are you happy with that? I truly hope you do. Later we will focus on creating your own face sheet mask for flawless complexion. Sit back, relax and enjoy 🙂
[DIY] Customized cream perfume
- 1 spoon beeswax pellets
- 30-40 drops essential oil, or a few essential oils
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 1 tablespoon castor oil
Put beeswax pellets into a pot and melt them. Add oils and combine. Pour your mixture into a container – this can be a small jar, box or an old cosmetic packaging. You can also make use of the travel containers for toiletries. When you see that your perfumes start getting solid, add the chosen essential oils. TIP: Try combining various essential oils to create your own unique fragrance.
I prefer fresh aromas therefore I often reach for essential oils extracted from: green tea, eucalyptus, lemon grass, grapefruit and subtle floral aromas. In some drug stores you can also find ready-made aroma blends, and most of them can be used for your home perfume production. There is just one thing I’d like to suggest. Note how many drops of each essential oil you add to your perfumes. Otherwise it may be pretty challenging to recreate the same perfumes once again.
As for the application, using cream perfume doesn’t differ much from using regular perfumes. This means that you should put them on the body parts where you can feel the pulse, and they are wrist and neck, for example.
[DIY] Customized face sheet mask
Naturally, first you should get yourself a face sheet, which luckily isn’t problematic at all. All well-equipped drugstores have such items in store. In most cases such products look like laminated capsules. All you have to do is remove the foil and put them into water. Such face sheets already have holes for eyes, nose and lips, so this is the most convenient option.
But if you want to make a sheet mask from scratch, you can prepare a sheet on your own. Find a durable tissue that won’t tear up when wet, and big enough that covers your entire face. Obviously, you have to cut out the holes for eyes, nose and mouth.
Substances to soak sheet mask with
- herbal/floral water – I’d suggest combining a few of them and then soak your sheet with this customized essence. Herbal/floral water works as a face toner, it soothes skin and nourishes it. You can enrich it with a few drops of C or E vitamin.
- flaxseed – boil the seeds in water, strain and use the gel to soak your sheet with. Flaxseed gel has a soothing effect on skin. It will also improve moisture.
- aloe gel – a perfect option if you want to feel freshness and replenish your skin with water. Additionally, aloe gel may brighten your skin if you combine it with a few drops of lemon juice. To see the effects, keep the sheet mask on for 10 minutes.
- plant oils – they always make the perfect choice. All-natural oils nourish and moisturize skin, leaving it better-looking. For stronger effects, combine a chosen plant oil (e.g. argan or sweet almond oil) either with mineral/thermal water or a few drops of your favorite face serum.
Let me know if you have better recipes for perfumes and sheet masks.