Did you know that in at least cream that stands on your bathroom shelf, contains some plant ingredients? Recently, it has become trendy and healthy to compose products with floral or fruit extracts, plant stem cells, oils and even extracts from the roots. Do plants really hide so much power?
The enormous power of plants
When using organic cosmetics, you do not realize that they play a big role in skin care. Thanks to the content of vegetable ingredients, our skin regains its proper condition, regenerates and maintains a young look for longer. What’s more, natural ingredients have moisturizing, soothing, nourishing, strengthening and anti-free radical effects. What ingredients are we talking about in particular?
They appear in cosmetics in large amounts. Vitamins work on the skin surface as well as in its deeper structures. In plants, you can encounter the following vitamins:
- vitamin A in the form of retinol and other derivatives – it regenerates, firms and rejuvenates the skin, as well as combats free radicals;
- vitamin B – soothes irritations and moisturizes;
- vitamin C – removes free radicals, increases the production of collagen, strengthens blood vessels, brightens the epidermis;
- vitamin E – it acts as an anti-free radical agent, improves elasticity, improves blood circulation, moisturizes the skin;
- vitamin F – protects against free radicals, moisturizes and firms the skin;
- vitamin K – brightens, strengthens blood vessels and soothes irritations after sunbathing.
Other plant ingredients
We can include substances that fight free radicals, oils, micronutrients and plant hormones. The ingredients that are most commonly used in cosmetics are:
- essential oils – they are obtained from every part of the plant and later used in care products, perfumes and aromatherapy. They have antiseptic, warming, antibacterial, circulation and relaxing effects;
- mineral salts – calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, iodine, copper, zinc, silicon, which are necessary for the functioning of the entire body;
- tannins, flavonoids, saponins – they have anti-radical activity, help to maintain a young appearance;
- phytohormones – mainly found in cosmetics for mature skin, have a rejuvenating effect and protect against harmful external factors.